Request for cancellation or postponement of your IELTS test must be made strictly 5 weeks before the test date via email or in person only. Telephone cancellation or postponement will not be accepted.
- Cancellation more than five weeks ahead of the test date – you will receive a full refund (less a 25% administrative fee)
- Cancellation less than five weeks ahead of the test date you will receive no refund*
- Failure to appear for the test without notification is considered a cancellation, no refund will be issued, and you must register and pay again if you wish to take the test on another date*
* Candidates seeking cancellation or transfer within the 5-week period prior to the test date, or those who fail to appear for their scheduled test, can receive a refund (less a 25% administrative fee) if they can provide evidence within 5 days that their ability to sit for the test has been affected by serious illness or cause:
- Serious Illness – hospital admission or serious injury
- Loss or Bereavement – death of a close family member
- Hardship/Trauma – victim of a crime, victim of a traffic accident
- Military Service
You must complete a “Request for Refund” or “Test Day Transfer Form” and attach appropriate documentation and/or evidence; such as a medical certificate from a qualified medical practitioner, a death notice or certificate or a police report. Contact your local test centre for more information.
Contact your local IDP IELTS test centre for more information about the refund policy.
Request a remark
If you are not satisfied with your results, you can apply for an Enquiry on Results (review of your IELTS results) by contacting the test centre where you took your IELTS test.
You can request a remark within 6 weeks of the IELTS test date on your Test Report Form. You can request a remark for the whole IELTS test or for one or more parts (Reading, Writing, Listening or Speaking). Your reviewed results will be available within 2 to 21 days of applying for a remark.
There is a cost for requesting a remark. If your band scores change, the fee you paid will be refunded.